A Call for
True Adventure

by the founders of Polarsteps

A Call for
True Adventure

by the founders of Polarsteps

A CALL FOR TRUE ADVENTURE

Be curious to explore the world you travel in, whether that is otherworldly landscapes, enigmatic cultures, or simply the wonderful variety of people you encounter on the road. Drop your preconceptions and always crave to know what is around every corner, at the top of the next summit, and beyond the distant horizon. It’s easy to follow the well-trodden path, but you often find the biggest rewards in the unknown.

When you’re at your limits and most vulnerable, you open the door to life-changing personal growth. It might be discovering the physical potential you never knew existed or more profoundly, coming to understand a new way to look at the world. Either way, your life will never be the same afterward. Learn to trust in yourself as you hurdle over language barriers, start to feel at ease with feelings of loneliness on your travels, and rely on the kindness of strangers. The road is not always smooth, and sometimes you might feel like giving up, but it’s often the hardest parts of a journey that you end up looking back on most fondly.

An open road, a one-way ticket, a loose and frequently changing plan — true adventure requires you to surrender, if not exactly to fate, then to opportunity. It is making space to say yes to a new turn in the road, or an invite from those you have just met. Accept that sometimes you lead the journey, and sometimes the journey leads you, and there can be beauty in both.

As children, we trip over moments of wonder daily. But as adults, they get harder and harder to find, lost in the familiarity of everyday life. And therein lies the power of travel: awe-inspiring experiences pull you into the here and now, making everything else feel insignificant. It could be when you lock eyes with a gorilla deep in the jungle, or watch the Milky Way spin overhead in the darkest depths of a desert — moments so profound that they can even make you question your place in the universe.

True adventure encourages you to tread lightly. It means becoming a steward of the places you explore. Engage in responsible travel that supports, sustains, and respects local communities while preserving natural beauty for future generations. And recognize that any adventure is a privilege and should therefore be undertaken with gratitude.

By Polarsteps founders:

Niek

Bokkers

Koen

Droste

Job

Harmsen

Maximiliano

Neustadt

Endorsed by:

Clare Jones

CEO of Polarsteps

Thanks to:

Matt Phillips

Matt Phillips

Managing Travel Editor &

Author of "Lonely Planet - The Africa Book"

Managing Travel Editor &

Author of "Lonely Planet - The Africa Book"

Lottie Coltman

Lottie Coltman

Copywriter at Polarsteps

Copywriter at Polarsteps

Sara van Geloven

Sara van Geloven

Travel Editor &

Author of "Take a Break"

Travel Editor &

Author of "Take a Break"